BOLE AND FISH, Port - Harcourt Roadside Pleasure

 

This past weekend few of my friends were in town ( port - harcourt) for our friend's  father's funeral. I went to a hotel at stadium road to meet my friend Ada Babyluv. Ada ordered for drinks for my friend and I , I asked Ada if she's not having a drink and her response was she wants to eat bole and fish she insisted that she won't taste a thing until she has eaten port - harcourt bole and fish( she's not meant to know this part but she said it was another reason she came to port - harcourt) I can't say I blame her because truthfully no bole and fish in Nigeria can be compared to the ones made in port - harcourt. No offence to lagos people but I tried eating bole and peanuts  in lagos and it was horrible.
Bole and fish is a street food, it's basically roasted plantain ‎and fish dipped in peppery palm oil sauce. You can call it a roadside pleasure, there's no street in port -harcourt that you won't find bole and fish spot/joint, because of the love for this roadside pleasure, bole and fish are served in big occasions in port-harcourt today. Bole and fish joint has become a bonding place because you'll meet all classes of people there eating bole like their lives depends on it, lmao. 
You'll enjoy it more when it's freshly made. 
If you're in port-harcourt and you've not tasted this roadside pleasure you're missing out on something good, those visiting port-harcourt for the first time should stop over any bole and fish joint and enjoy our roadside delicacy. 

Comments

  1. Really an acquired taste for me and still haven't gotten the hang of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh well I know what to get when I come to Port-Harcourt in the near future bole and fish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A real Port Harcourt delicacy. ...I haven't had Bole and roasted fish for ages.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Give me Bole and groundnut anyday though ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sucks oh! Bole is nothing without the sauce

      Delete
  5. O my precious PH bole and fish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha i'll make sure you have when next you visit

      Delete
  6. I eat it 4 or 5 times a week. My fave!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bole & Fish anytime, anyday. But garri & soup still remain my beestest best. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol @ garri and soup

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

‎Beauty Fades.

FACING MY FEAR

Happy birthday to a special sister and my rival.