What happens to the gifts?

I was watching an episode of the Wendy Williams show and during the ask Wendy segment a young lady told Wendy that she recently broke up with her boyfriend of two years, he gave her a set of diamond earrings and she wants to know if she should return or Keep the gifts. lol!!!!!!!!!

What happens to the gifts one has accumulated during a relationship has been a major issue when a relationship fails. Let me borrow a line from Bonny M's song,
         "Breaking up is never easy, I know but I have to go
            knowing me knowing you is the best I can do". 
The saddest phase of every relationship is the break up phase, it can be so devastating especially if a partner is not willing to let go. You were in a relationship with someone very special and dear to you, someone you shared special moments with, formed bond with and you were very attached to. Suddenly that same person calls it quits. Ouch!!!! That hurts really bad. 
While you're dealing with your feelings you stumble on the gift he/she gave to you. The question now is What happens to the gifts?
 
 
Some people have this to say. 

Anonymous • • I won't return the gifts, I will keep them to remind me of the moments we spent together and the love we shared.

Anonymous • • I'll sell the gifts depending on the worth, why keep something that'll hurt me when I can make money off it. 

Anonymous • • I'll return everything to him, unless it's a car, a house or expensive phones, that I'll keep. Smiles. 

Anonymous • • I actually got rid of the gifts after the break up but regretted latter because we got back together.  

Anonymous • • I won't return the gifts but I'll throw them away I don't want to see his slimy face.

Anonymous • • I'll return his stuffs if they were things I borrowed from him but I'll keep the gifts because it's my gain. 
 
 
Personally I won't return the gifts because it'll come across as being childish or petty, I'll only return the gifts if he asked me to. I won't hold on to the gifts too I'll either throw them away or give them out especially if it was a nasty break up I really don't want anything  to remind me of him. 

Returning the gifts has nothing to do with your healing process after the break up yes they'll remind you of that special person it'll hurt more to see the gifts and not him/her. All you need to do is to keep them somewhere till you're over the break up or throw them away you can even  give them out but returning the gifts is a big no no.
 

Comments

  1. Anonymous8:13 PM

    return what gift? I will most definitely keep the gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why did you only sample girls opinions about whether to keep or return gifts. Or is it a notorious fact thatNaija girls don't give gifts to their heath throbs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nigerian girls give gifts too, I for one I know I do that and I know some girls too that does that.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

‎Beauty Fades.

FACING MY FEAR

Happy birthday to a special sister and my rival.