DOCTOR OBINNA

DOCTOR OBINNA
 
‎I've read and heard stories of how patients die in our Nigerian hospitals due to doctors negligence. Most of them die due to lack of money to pay deposit. Even in an emergency case. 


I took an uncle to Doctor Obinna's hospital this morning for treatment. After attending to my uncle we chatted for a while then he stepped out because he needed to do something for his dad. 
Few minutes latter I heard a man shouting outside 
       " abeg make una help me before I die oooo
          I don dey bleed since morning " 

I went out to see what was going on  and met a young man crying, he was bleeding seriously. I asked the man ‎what happened to him he said. 

" I go where we dey shit oh! I go shit I come dey climb
              The block wey dey there my leg no good e come 
               Shift I come fall another block come hit me 
                Me for leg. I don dey bleed since morning 
                 Abeg make una help me stop the blood
                  Before I die,  I no get
                 Money na only one thousand I hold".  
doctor Obinna washing his feet.
 
 
Just then the nurse said wait I don call doctor him dey come. 


True to her words Doctor Obinna came to see the guy, I felt he was going to ask him plenty questions  and ask for deposit before treatment. To my surprise he entered the hospital wore his gloves told one of the nurses to get a bucket of water for him, he took his hanky washed the guy's feet. The guy in question didn't even look normal to me. I was expecting Doctor Obinna to tell his nurses to attend to him, so you can imagine my shock when he attended to the guy himself. 
 
Doctor Obinna paid attention to this guy like a nursing mother to her child. Till I left I was expecting Doctor Obi to ask for deposit because I wanted to see his reaction when he finds out the man  has just one thousand naira. Till we left the hospital Doctor Obinna didn't not ask for money he was busy cleaning the injury.


Then I said to myself if all Nigerian Doctors are like Doctor Obinna the death rate in our hospitals will reduce.

Comments

  1. Njiiii2:55 PM

    Hmmmmm, Dr Obi, he's a great doc with great passion for what he is doing. God bless him real good. . @d issue @hand..... that's nice but them bills r needed for upkeep....lol.... Keep on keeping on Doc,too proud of u

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chinwe2:57 PM

    Hi doc,I need your contact. I think I have a cold, giggling. Just kidding. I wish nurses are like you,they are m-e-a-n

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Done Doc! God Bless You Really Good For Not Ignoring That Young Man To Bleed To Death. It Is Also Our Responsibility To Help People During Emergencies, Not Just To Take Picture And Selfies Straight To The Social Media. Though Sometimes, We Cannot Really Do Much Because Of Being Tagged An Accomplice By The Authorities. I Heard The a present Government Has a Relaxed The "Police Report" Thing Before Treatment; But Hey! Don't Quote Me, #YouAreOnYourOwn# OYO.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erm, abeg you collect Doc's number? my chest dey pain me, make e help me rub am small. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

‎Beauty Fades.

FACING MY FEAR

Happy birthday to a special sister and my rival.