Words on the street - - - Mamaput.

 
For someone most people call  an "Ajebota" which clearly I'm not, I love mamaput so much. Let me put it this way I'm a sucker for mamaput.  
I honestly don't know the origin of mamaput but God bless whoever came up with the idea. 

Mamaput basically are roadside eateries/ canteen offering considerably cheap meals that fits well with ones budget. Back in the days people consider Mamaput as a place where folks who can't afford fancy restaurants visit or it's for the low class people because of the environment, but not anymore because you'll find all classes of people at a Mamaput joint. The high class, middle class, low class and no class comes there.
 
Sira dishing out food.
 
It amazes me how people troop into such places every morning to eat especially men. Even women sometimes stops over, to buy food for their kids as lunch for school. I recall a guy told me sometime ago that the reason why he visits mamaput is because of the "Stew". In his words it's different from the regular stew. 

This morning I had a one on one chat with some men and this is what they said

Question - Why do you love Mamaput?  

Okey • I don't know why I eat mamaput ( laughing hysterically) I eat mamaput sometimes because food no dey house. 


 
my plate of food. Yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                                    
 
Nuel •  Mamaput in a nutshell is easily accessible go to anywhere on the street you'll find mamaput. They have variety of meat and their prices are cheap and cheerful. You can get rice 50 naira, meat 50 naira, beans 50 naira by the time you know it your plate is full. Secondly the sellers are good and friendly they attend to you one on one they are nicer than big restaurants.  


Anderson ‎• it's not like I cherish mamaput, it's just that it's manageable and at the same time not stressful. You see as a bachelor because of time maybe i'm late for something and I don't want to cook I branch into any mamaput and eat. Although cooking your own food is good.


Emma • for me I see it as one of the easiest breakfast because it has been prepared already. It's affordable, good and it helps most times too. Most people that eat mamaput are single people especially bachelors like me, but married men eat mamaput at times, they come here to buy food maybe they are late for work that is why I said it helps sometimes. With 200 naira your plate is full and you'll be filled up that is why I said it's affordable. You can't go to the market with 200 naira and cook a pot of food. 

another mamaput joint in my neighbourhood.
 
 
Otto • Why I like mamaput is because the food dey sweet and e get swag. This woman food dey big and e make sense. 

Paul • I eat mamaput when my wife is not around or is
 sick and I don't have the strength to cook because i'm late for work. I don't like mamaput because as a man I can cook.
 
 
Kingsley •  me I love Yoruba mamaput ooo, they have all kinds of orishi rishi, kpomo, shaki, roundabout, towel and torso. The kind of meat they have you can't get them in any restaurant and their stew has plenty pepper a plate of their food will hold your stomach for the whole day.
 


What can I say I had a good laugh.

 

Comments

  1. Anonymous10:15 AM

    my wife and I love mamaput too we go there when we want to have a good laugh because you find all sorts of people there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I came to naija I ate at a mama put in owerri called nda letti wow still the best good I have ever eaten

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I came to naija I ate at a mama put in owerri called nda letti wow still the best good I have ever eaten

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Love Mamaput, Their Food Tastes Very Different From Home Food. Home Food Is The Best But Sometimes It Gets Boring Kind- Off, Like Th Same Taste! Personally I Do Get Tired Of My On Food And Resort To Eating This Oyibo Tasteless Meals For A Change.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know this plate of food very well chai! i miss. Chika you go that piompiom place lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love mamaputt n I cannot lie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

‎Beauty Fades.

FACING MY FEAR

Happy birthday to a special sister and my rival.